Sorry, this again! I do find questions to be quite insightful! I’m in a bit of a rut writing/reading/life wise so nothing exciting to report. If anyone has anything they’d like me to talk about, please let me know!
- If you could spend the day with any fictional female character, who would it be and what would you do?
Horribly cliched answer, but it’d have to be Hermione from Harry Potter. As I’ve said before a lot of my reading is (unfortunately) male centric so she’s pretty much the only one I could think of. I’d get her to tell me everything she knew!
- If you could spend the day with any fictional male character, who would it be and what would you do?
So much choice. My first thought (so I’ll go with it) was Ben Trotter from Jonathan Coe’s The Rotters Club. I’m not sure that 1970s Birmingham would be very exciting but I’m sure we could just listen to terrible prog rock. My second thought, which is far more exciting is Aramis from The Three Musketeers.
- If you could spend the day with any fictional fantastic character, what would it be, and what would you do?
Dumbledore? I have no idea!
- If you could spend the day with anyone from a work of non-fiction, who would it be and what would you do? (Person can be dead or alive.)
This question seems a little confusing but I suppose diaries and things count so I’d have to go Sassoon or Christopher Isherwood (no surprises here!)
- If you could spend the day in any fictional setting, where would it be and what would you do?
Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy Warty Hogwarts!
- If you could spend the day in any non-fiction setting, where would it be and what would you do? (this allows for answers such as “London at the time of Sherlock Holmes”, etc.)
Shall we be terribly morbid and say Craiglockhart Hospital when Sassoon and Owen were there? What would I do? What do you think! Observe, try and talk to them and also try not to be too annoying!
- If you could join the “cast”, as it were, of any novel, which novel would you pick, who would you be, and how would you affect the story? (i.e. you could be an additional Bennet sister in Pride and Prejudice, who is a rival for Mr. Bingley’s attentions, and who complicates the plot in some way.)
Since JK Rowling has decided she doesn’t like Ron anymore, I’ll get in there!
- If you could inspire any poet to write about you, who would you like that poet to be and what sort of things would you like him/her to say?
Haha, oh this answer could be so easy! I won’t be that obvious, though I can’t think of any poets I’m very familiar with.
- If you could have any portion of your life turned into a work of fiction or a non-fiction, what part of your life would you choose and why?
My life hasn’t been very interesting! The uni years could probably be turned into one of those comedy/drama YA books. Let’s make it into a trilogy – one book for each year!
- If you were writing your memoirs, what would you call them?
My Life in Books.
That’s all for now,